Being a bow hunter, you know the struggle of hitting the target accurately. Most of the time the target is missed in the lack of proper measurement of the range. And bow hunting is not that easy, as it comes with angular dimension to be measured accurately. Again, all the general rangefinder is not going to give you the accurate measurement for archery and bow hunting. For this, you should get a rangefinder that will have special features for the bow hunting and archery.
To help you in finding out the best rangefinder for bow hunting, we arranged a list with 10 best rangefinders for bow hunting with a complete guideline. We selected the top quality products, hope you’ll love it after reading the entire article carefully.
Why the bow rangefinder is best for bow hunting?
Bow hunting is not like other hunting. For archery, there is always a measurement in angles. So, a rangefinder with arc compensation system will be perfect for bow hunting. All the hunting rangefinder doesn’t come with this system. For bow hunting, long range is required. And the display should be bright and clear. If the rangefinder doesn’t give the reading accurately, you’ll fail to hit the target. Some of the devices include an inclined /declined system which will convert the angles horizontally. It will add 99 yards up to 90-degree angles with the horizontal distance so that you can hit the arrows accurately and set the correct pin for it. Not an ordinary rangefinder will not give you this compensation measurement. For this, If you’re a bow hunter, you should definitely select a rangefinder that is specially made for bow hunting.
|Product name||Weight||Accuracy||Maximum Range|
|Nikon 16224 Arrow ID 3000 Bowhunting Laser Rangefinder||10.4 pounds||+/- 1||5 to 550|
|Nikon Arrow ID 7000 VR Bowhunting Laser Rangefinder, Green - 16211||7.1 pounds||+/- 0.1||1000 yards|
|Bushnell 202442 The Truth ARC 4x20mm Bowhunting Laser Rangefinder with Clear Shot||8.1 pounds||+/-1||5 to 850|
|Leupold RX-Fulldraw2 Rangefinder Olive||10.8 pounds||+/-1||6 to 850|
|Bushnell Scout DX 1000 ARC 6 x 21mm Laser Rangefinder||11.4 pounds||+/-0.5||5 to1000|
|Nikon Monarch Gold Laser 1200 Rangefinder||2.2 pounds||+/-0.5||11 to 1200|
|Leupold RX-1200i TBR/W with DNA Digital Laser Rangefinder||7.8 pounds||+/-0.5||1200|
|Bushnell 202208 Bone Collector Edition 4x Laser Rangefinder,Realtree Xtra Camo, 20mm||8.8 pounds||+/-1||10 t0 600|
|Bushnell G-Force DX ARC 6x 21mm Laser Rangefinder||1 pounds||0.5||5 to 1300 yards|
|Simmons 801600 Volt 600 Laser Rangefinder||9.6 pounds||1||10 to 600|
Our top 10 rangefinders for bow hunting
1.Nikon 16224 Arrow ID 3000 Bow hunting Laser Rangefinder
The Nikon 16224 Arrow rangefinder is a compact design rangefinder for bow hunting. This is a laser rangefinder will easily fit your palm. The ergonomic design rangefinder will provide accurate measurement for bow hunting and archery. To know more about the first best rangefinder for bow hunting, read the following features:
Features and benefits
- The rangefinder comes with a compact and ergonomic design. Thus, it is easy to hold and carry. The matte black color body will easily be caught the eyes of style lover. This rangefinder comes with maximum 550 yards of range. Thus, you’ll get an accurate measurement within this range. The increment of this measuring device is one yard. Thus, it indicated the high accuracy of the Nikon 16224 Arrow rangefinder.
- To provide you clear view an image with high precision, the rangefinder comes with 20.33 mm of the eyepiece. The rangefinder doesn’t create pressure on your eyes. It will give you eye relief by clear image and accurate result within the range of 6 to 550 yards. Even it provides a continuous measurement for 8 seconds. So, you can select any landscape and measure the distances from the target to your position.
- The rangefinder comes with a rigid construction and water resistant lens. If you go hunting in wet and cloudy weather and it starts raining suddenly, you don’t have to worry about the device. It will remain protected by the water-resistant technology of the rangefinder. The rangefinder gives fast measurement with maximum accuracy.
- This model is going to provide you the inclined and declined technology. Thus, it will deliver you the measurement in horizontal distances. For bow hunting, the rangefinder will give you the inclined measurement with horizontal distances. Besides, the rangefinder comes with Tru -target technology. Thus, it will allow you to fix the target from the nearer and distant place accurately.
- Comes with longer accurate range.
- Gives high precision.
- Suitable for bow and arrow hunting.
- Includes inclined and declined technology for easy measurement.
- Converts the angular measurement to horizontal.
- Comes with high-quality optics and water resistant.
- Doesn’t include any carrying pouch.
- May fog up if it is in the pocket.
If you’re a looking for a rangefinder that will last longer and give the satisfactory result, you must check this rangefinder. This Nikon model is the best bow hunting rangefinder for the money.
2. Nikon Arrow ID 7000 VR Bow hunting Laser Rangefinder, Green – 16211Introduction
Here go another best picks from Nikon Arrow series. These are specially made for bow hunting and arrow. If you are looking for a rangefinder that will give you high range, you are in the right place. This bow hunting rangefinder comes with a higher range of 1000 yards. You can get any distance accurately within this range and hit the target perfectly. For more, just look below:
Features and benefits
- The rangefinder comes with solid structure and unique design. The hardcore plastic makes the rangefinder more durable. The device comes with an attractive and modern design. Time to say bye to the old fashioned devices to go with the trends. Besides, you can measure any distances and locate a position within 1000 yards accurately. You can easily choose the longest and shortest distances easily with the Tru Target technology. You can use any of the modes at your preference.
- This device comes with a vibration reduction system. Whenever it detects and locks a place, most of the rangefinder vibrates harshly. But this Nikon model will give you a reduced vibration with low noise. Thus, it can cause by hand movement. Even it will reduce the vibration on the sudden alignment of the rangefinder for viewing image.
- This a high accuracy rangefinder. It provides +/- 0.5 yards of accuracy. Again, the rangefinder comes with 18 mm eye relief and 21 mm objective lens. Thus, it will give you a clear and accurate view within the allowable lens. The increment of the rangefinder is -0.1. It measures the view faster and gives an accurate result.
- The rangefinder comes with a 6 x magnification. If you are setting the target at the remote place but can’t find a clear view, you can magnify the view easily. It makes the measurement faster and accurate. Even the device comes with an inclined and declined feature. So, you will get the measurement in horizontal conversion by this system. You can convert the angular distance to linear with the help of this technology for best bow hunting experience.
- Includes CR2 lithium battery.
- Comes with the high-quality objective lens.
- Rigid construction makes the device durable.
- Vibration reduction technology for reduced vibration.
- Longer eye relief with a bright image.
- Can linearize up 90 degrees easily.
- Doesn’t include any carrying bag.
- Expensive rangefinder.
Looking for a high range rangefinder with strong construction? Then you should check out this rangefinder with its specification. Though it is a little bit pricey, it ensures quality and durability.
3. Bushnell 202442 The Truth ARC 4x20mm Bow hunting Laser Rangefinder with Clear Shot
The Bushnell 202442 is a clear shot rangefinder. All the Bushnell products are built to last. This model comes with a unique design. Unlike another rangefinder with a plain body, this Bushnell model comes with gripped upper body for easy holding. For more information about this rangefinder, you should look below:
Features and benefits
- The Bushnell 202442 comes with a long range. Thus it will give a clear view and accurate measurement from 7 to 870 yards. Thus, it is sufficient for bow and arrow hunting. Again, the rangefinder comes with a direction for range selection. For deer hunting, 7 to 200 yards will be okay when you are targeting an animal behind a tree, it will be 7 to 600 yards. And for reflective 7 to 870 yards.
- The best thing about this rangefinder it has an arc-compensation system. Thus, it will compensate the distance from arc-angle to horizontal distance from 5 to 99 yards. Again, the rangefinder includes 4X magnification. It comes with one button operation. Thus, it is very easy to use. Crystal clear image will be provided to the display. The rangefinder is approved by the Team Primos.
- The rangefinder includes a rainproof system. Though it is not completely waterproof, it will protect the device from damage because of rain. So, sudden rain on a hunting trip will never be that much problematic. It will protect your favorite device from damage. After one hunt you’ll know the best shot of Bushnell.
- The rangefinder comes with clear shot technology. Thus, it will give instantaneous feedback on every shot. Even it will improve the clearance to get an accurate view. This, laser rangefinder will improve the archery experience and you will not miss the target or hit to the obstacles and tree branches. The clear shot technology will make your every shot successful
- Comes with 4x magnification.
- Includes high-quality objective lens.
- Clear shot technology will find the maximum height for the arrow.
- Provides arc compensation technology.
- Comes with larger range for bow hunting.
- Provides horizontal distances.
- Rainproof but not extremely waterproof.
Looking for a rangefinder that will be accurate for different targets? Then you should check this.
4. Leupold RX-Fulldraw2 Rangefinder Olive
The rangefinder is an olive color high range rangefinder. Thus, it has gripped body for easy holding. For more information about this rangefinder just read below:
Features and benefits
- The olive color rangefinder comes with a unique construction. Thus, it has a curved upper portion with grip. So, you can hold the rangefinder easily without any hassle. It will fit on to your palms and won’t slip away from your hand. The single button operation of the rangefinder makes the device more convenient to use. This high-quality rangefinder is easy to carry and perfect for bow hunting.
- For the bow hunters, it is one of the best rangefinders. Thus, it allows a great range for perfect bow hunting. You can set a range clearly in any distance within 1000 yards. But for more accurate hits 6 to 850 yards will be more effective. Besides, as bow hunting special it comes with 170 yards TBR bow mode. It gives the arcs in horizontal distances.
- The lens allows 6x magnification. Again, the light transmission rate for a clear view of the distances and measurement is 60 percent. The provided DNA engine will improve the accuracy level. So, no more guessing the distances blindly. Be sure about your hunt and target and hit the target more accurately which you never experienced before.
- It is a waterproof rangefinder. So, it will prevent the damage from your favorite hunting assistant from rain and any kind of water. The 23 mm objective lens gives a clear and bigger view for locating the distances. The high accuracy helps you in getting the correct pin for the bow. It is very lightweight and comes with strong construction.
- Provides long range with high accuracy.
- Comes with a high-quality lens for a clear view.
- 170 tbr bow modes for bow hunting.
- Waterproof and dust proof.
- Comes with 60 percent light transmission.
- Light in weight and easy to carry.
- Gripped top surface for comfortable holding.
- Includes louder ‘clicks’.
If you are looking for a rangefinder with a medium budget, I will recommend you to have a look at this model. It is one of the best rangefinders for bow hunting at affordable prices and maximum features.
5. Bushnell Scout DX 1000 ARC 6 x 21mm Laser Rangefinder
The Bushnell Scout DX 1000 is one of the most popular rangefinders for arrows and bow hunting. The rangefinder comes with extreme precision for the professional bow hunter. This model comes with real tree camouflage print. If you want to match your hunting gadgets with wildlife, it will be a perfect match.
Features and benefits
- The rangefinder comes with a sleek and simple design. Also, it has wild tree prints on the body. It is a one push button controlled rangefinder. The targets are set with the operation of this button only. The rangefinder has E.S.P processor. Thus, it allows high accuracy with only 0.5 yards of precision. Besides, it comes with 0.1 yards display precision. Once you get the rangefinder, you’ll know the accuracy level. No more missing the target.
- For the clear view, the rangefinder comes with 21 mm high-quality optics. The range of hunting with this rangefinder is from 5 to 1000 yards. Again, it comes with arc compensation for the bows and arrow. Thus, the rangefinder allows 5 to 99 yards horizontal compensation of the arcs. The rangefinder comes with variable sight in features. For crystal clear viewing it comes with diopter adjustment.
- The device includes an automatic scanning mode. It provides class 1 laser for scanning purpose. It will show you the measured distance automatically and accurately. The wide magnification system will give a clear image of the target so that you can set the right pin for the target. Even it has deer range performance 325 yards and tree ranging performance 650 yards.
- The device is fully waterproof. It is also fog proof. The rangefinder is compatible with the device that comes with magnetic attachments. The upper portion of the rangefinder is threaded and gripped. Thus, it makes the holding comfortable. It includes carrying case and neck strap so that both hands remain free while traveling. The 3-volt cr2 battery is also included with the set.
- Includes variable sight in features.
- Gives high performance for both bows and rifles.
- Arc compensation system for bows.
- Dual unit mode.
- Higher range with great accuracy.
- Fully water and fog proof rangefinder.
- Dark objects are difficult to identify.
- Active range is only 500/600 yards.
This is a Bushnell product that comes with almost every feature. It is a low budget rangefinder set with great accuracy. Just check this device, if you find it suitable for you.
6. Nikon Monarch Gold Laser 1200 Rangefinder
Here goes another rangefinder from Nikon. The rangefinder specially made for the long-distance target. For more information about this rangefinder, just scroll down and look below:
Features and benefits
- The first thing to mention about this measuring device is its high range. Though it allows maximum range 1200 yards, it is more accurate within 1000 yards. The rangefinder comes with 1-yard accuracy. It is one of the great devices for measuring the distance target location. For the professional hunters, it is one of the best rangefinders for bow hunting.
- The rangefinder comes with Tru-target technology. Thus, you can see the image clearly with a detail view. Besides, it comes with two modes of flexible viewing. One of them is first target viewing mode, another is distance target viewing mode. In the first target viewing, you’ll get a clear view of the object that is appeared first. For the distance mode, you’ll see the distant object clearly.
- The device measures the distances continuously by ranging the location and gives data accurately. You can select multiple objects. Also, it includes selectable back lighting features in the LCD display. So, the object will be viewed clearly. It will allow you 0.5 precision successfully up to 500 yards and 1 yard for 1000 yards.
- The rangefinder supports 7 X magnification. No matter how small your hunt is, you can get a larger view with that. The trademark Nikon accuracy is for fast and continuous measurement. The Monarch Gold is a great rangefinder for the professional hunter. It includes an adjustable tripod for setting your rangefinder. In the foggy winter days, your favorite hunting companion will be protected. It will fit your pocket and bag easily. So, it is easy to carry and comfortable.
- High range best quality rangefinder.
- Comes with an adjustable tripod.
- High precision rangefinder.
- Durable construction and easy to hold.
- Provides fast and accurate measurement.
- The high-quality display gives a clear image.
- Not too good for low light.
- No carrying case included.
Like the features of this product? If the answer is yes, you should check the price online to grab one.
7. Leupold RX-1200i TBR/W with DNA Digital Laser Rangefinder
The Leupold RX-1200i is a heavy duty rangefinder. The device comes with a wide range for looking at the distant place and set the targets to position more accurately. This, top class rangefinder comes with numerous wide features.
Features and benefits
- The rangefinder comes with 6 x magnification which will give them plenty of power for viewing the clear image of the object. While you are moving to track the game in the wide field of view, this magnification will give you an accurate measurement. The rangefinder comes with a maximum reflective range of 1200 yards. But for the horizontal distance it is 1000 yards. For trees, the maximum range is 900 yards. For deer, it allows 800 yards.
- The measuring device comes with organic light emitting diode display. The display light intensity is adjustable according to the hunting zone lighting condition. The device indicates a true ballistic range. You are going to get the measurement in either yards or meters whichever you preferred to use. Besides, the rangefinder provides the angle measurement of the device from the target. The arcs are converted to horizontal distances for easy targeting and successful hit.
- The rangefinder includes a fast focused lens for fast measurement. The time of unusual guessing is over now. Be focused and sure about your target positions with the fast focused eyepiece. It includes digitally enhanced accuracy, DNA technology and provides speedy measurement. Also, it comes with fold-down rubber eyecups for comfortable hunting experience.
- It is a compact and weatherproof rangefinder. From dusk till dawn any times, you can use this rangefinder for the perfect shot. It is a pocket-sized rangefinder and can be carried easily. The battery is provided with the set. Besides, it includes continuous scanning mode for continuous tracking of the target.
- Longer range rangefinder for bow hunting.
- Comes with arc compensation system.
- Includes DNA technology for more accurate measurement.
- High-quality OLED display automatically controls the brightness.
- The display shows data accurately from dusk to dawn.
- Fast measurement and quick setting menu.
- It is a little bit expensive.
- Not for the beginners.
If budget is not a matter for you and you are a professional bow hunter, I will recommend you this top quality rangefinder.
8. Bushnell 202208 Bone Collector Edition 4x Laser Rangefinder, Realtree Xtra Camo, 20mm
The Bushnell 202208 Bone Collector is a laser rangefinder of Realtree extra camo. This rangefinder comes with a high-quality optical lens. To know more about this unique type rangefinder, just read the following experience:
Features and benefits
- This rangefinder is a medium ranged rangefinder that allows exact measurement from 10 yards to 600 yards. If you’re a beginner in bow hunting. This range will be enough for your practicing. The device comes with 4 X magnification. This magnification will provide the exact view of the object. Even it will provide accurate distances from the target to your position so that you can set your arrow to hit the target. No more missing of the target.
- This Bushnell model comes with +/-1 yard accuracy. For the beginner bow hunter, it is one of the best bowhunting rangefinders. The device has a 21 mm objective lens. It is going to provide you the clear image of your hunt and with every detail. The tree branches and the other obstacle will be viewed accurately too. Besides the rangefinder is single button rangefinder. It is easy to control the range due to traveling with this device.
- The rangefinder includes weather resistant housing. It will not soak water due to foggy winter morning and the rainy day. Thus, your device will remain protected. It will last longer. The hard-shell body protects the device from any kind of external harm. To reach your nose to nose for the trophy, it comes with the crystal-clear image.
- This is fast lightning and fast measuring device. The rangefinder is efficient enough to show you the correct location of your object. It is a vertical and compact designed rangefinder. It comes with a carrying case. Besides, class one laser with intensity 1mW is used for measuring the distances.
- Comes with 4x magnification.
- Includes weather resistant structure.
- The rainproof device lasts longer.
- Includes carrying case for comfortable carrying.
- Suitable for the beginner.
- Comes with affordable price.
- Includes crystal-clear optics for a detailed view.
- Not good for a professional hunter.
Are you a beginner? Looking for an affordable rangefinder for bow hunting? If the answer is yes, just go for this Bushnell model. I can assure you that as a basic hunter, you’ll not be disappointed.
9. Bushnell G-Force DX ARC 6x 21mm Laser Rangefinder
The Bushnell G-Force DX ARC is one of the best high range bow hunting rangefinders of our buying guides. For the professional hunters, the higher range measuring device is essential. This, G-Force DX is going to provide a maximum range of 1300 yards. The Important features of this device are described below:
Features and benefits
- Like previous Bushnell rangefinders, it provides 21 mm objective lens. The eye relief is sufficient enough for great image quality. It is one of the updated-version of rangefinder from the most popular brand Bushnell. It comes with E.S.P technology which stands for Extreme, Speed and precision. The high-speed turbo processor makes the quick calculation for distance measurement. No more wasting time in guessing the inappropriate location of the hunt.
- The maximum accurate range of the device is from 5 yards to 1300 yards. The G-Force DX indicates the most accurate system for the laser rangefinder all over the world. It is a high-performance version of the accurate laser rangefinders. The accuracy level of this device is +/- 0.5 yards. For the bow-hunting professionals. The bow mode delivers 1/10 yards display precision.
- The device includes Vivid display technology for the high-quality image of the device. Thus, it will provide a bright clear distance of the target. Even in low light the display will adjust brightness and show you the accurate reading. For the professionals, there is no time for trial. Every shot needs to be more accurate. The device comes with bow mode and rifle mode. It can be conveniently used for both huntings.
- In every terrain, you are going to be more accurate with this G-Force Dx rangefinder from Bushnell. The inclined/declined technology of the rangefinder provides the angles between the arrows and the hunt in horizontal distance. Besides, it comes with a metal construction armored with rubber. The gripped portion is for tight and comfortable holding. It will not slip away from your hand.
- Outstanding rangefinder with a higher range.
- Includes arc compensation technology.
- Includes vivid display technology.
- Comes with durable metal body construction.
- Gives +/- 1yard accuracy.
- The rubber-armored outer portion for easy holding.
- Suitable for both bow and rifle hunting.
- The difficulty may arise in the bright sunlight.
- No carrying bag included with this.
The rangefinder allows a very high range with maximum accuracy. It is equipped with updated technology for fast and accurate measurement. If accuracy is your main concern for long distance and adjusts the sunlight issue, order one!
10. Simmons 801600 Volt 600 Laser Rangefinder
The last best rangefinder for bow hunting is from the Simmons. It is n stylish rangefinder with the black color body. The device allows you the hair-splitting accuracy. For more info about this, keep reading.
Features and benefits
- This Volt 600 laser rangefinder gives the range from 10 yards to 600 yards. This is a medium ranged measuring device for the basic or intermediate hunters. It gives 4X magnification with 20 mm optics. The optics give a brighter image with a detailed view so that you can fix the position with hair-splitting accuracy. The next match is going to be yours with this measuring device.
- The rangefinder comes with single button operation. It is easy to control the device while running after the hunt. This hassle-free operation will lead you a comfortable hunting experience. It includes an in-view LCD display which gives you a clear and brighter image.
- The rangefinder provides a hard and weather-resistant housing. No matter whether it is foggy winter days or raining, your device will be protected and won’t damage. The type of laser is class 1 with the average output. It gives all type of measurement accurately and efficiently. If the deer remains in a lower place than your position, the angles will be converted to horizontal distances.
- The rangefinder is suitable for bow hunting. A deer within 200 yards will be clearly viewed with this rangefinder. Besides, you can use this rangefinder for golfing. It is a little bit heavier. All the rigid items come with more weight apparently. Being an entry level hunter, it is going to provide you with all the basic needs.
- Comes with 4X magnification.
- Made of high-quality material.
- Easy single button operation.
- Compact and vertical design and easy to carry.
- Comes with class one laser.
- Best rangefinder for the entry level hunters.
- Battery compartment construction should be improved.
This rangefinder is specially designed for the beginners. If the features meet your need, you should go for this device.
Things you should consider before buying a bow rangefinder
Following factors should be maintained when you’re making your final purchase:
Arc Compensation system:
The rangefinder with arc compensation system will give the accurate measurement of the angles with the object and your arrow. It will compensate that horizontally. So, a rangefinder with arc compensation system will give you the accurate result. Select a rangefinder with this device.
High quality LED display will be more suitable for bow hunting to view the target more clearly. Try to select a rangefinder that comes with high quality and brighter display. The lens of 21 mm to 23 mm will be a great match with this display.
The range depends on your requirement and the level of hunting. For the beginners, 500 to 600 yards will be good enough. For intermediate level 600 to 850 yards. But for the professional hunters, 1000 to 1300 yards will be fine. But check that the range is accurate and provides exact data.
The more the accuracy level the more successful a shot can be. Try to find a rangefinder with an accuracy level from 0.5 to 1 to get more precise distances.
Finally, we reached the bottom line of our best bow hunting rangefinder buying guideline 2019. We enlisted especially the rangefinders which are best for bow hunting. We arranged the serial according to their popularity and features. From entry level to the professional bow hunter, anyone can find a distance measuring device from the list easily. All the information is given hereafter enormous research. I think you must have got your favorite product by now. Why delaying then? Hurry up and explore it online. And don’t forget to leave feedback after using the rangefinder. Thank You!